>> JC Generation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JC Generation Official Forumboard - updating you with events and latest announcements

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO MAINTAIN THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR LIVES - Dr.Brian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kathkoo

kathkoo

HOW TO MAINTAIN THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR LIVES - Dr.Brian Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO MAINTAIN THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR LIVES - Dr.Brian   HOW TO MAINTAIN THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR LIVES - Dr.Brian EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 7:53 am

Prophet Jeremiah (Jeremiah 1)

Jeremiah had what it takes to fulfill God's will upon his life.

a) He had a CLEAR call (v.5) - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

b) He had a CLEAN life (v.5) -
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

c) He had a COURAGEOUS message (v.10) - "See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdom to uproot and tear down, to destry and overthrow, to build and to plant."

d) He had a CHALLENGING purpose (v.16) - "I will pronounce my judgements on my people because of their wickedness in forsaking me, in burning incense to other gods and in worshiping what their hands have made."

e) He had a CONFIDENT assurance (v.19) - "'They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord."

f) He had a CLEAR vision (v. 11 & 13) - "'The word of the Lord came to me: What do you see, Jeremiah?" "I see the branch of an almond tree,'I replied." "'The word of the Lord came to me again: "What do you see?" "I see a pot that is boiling,' I answered. 'It is tilting toward us from the north'."

g) He had a COMMENSURATE preparation (v.17) - "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them."

h) He had a COMMAND for empowerment (v.9) - "Then the Lord reached out his hand and touch my mouth and said to me, 'I have put my words in your mouth'."

i) He had a COMMITMENT to obedience (v.7) - "But the Lord said to me, Do not say, 'I am too young.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you."

j) He had a CONQUERING attitude (v.1) - "The words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priest at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin."

God will grant you His strength as you faithfully serve Him. (Hebrews 10)
Back to top Go down

HOW TO MAINTAIN THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR LIVES - Dr.Brian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
>> JC Generation Forum :: Resources & Faith Booster :: Sermons-
Jump to: