JC Generation Official Forumboard - updating you with events and latest announcements

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
me myself and i

PostSubject: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:49 pm

I know most will say that it is a very boring subject. I think that is just because of what the Malaysian education system did to it.

In my opinion and after reading a lot of things about history, i think history is a very interesting subject.

Suddenly history is not all about the what happen in the past. but why did it happen, what should have been done differently and what can be learnt from it...

History is not just a compilation of facts and past events... it records the core of human achievement. Everything our complicated race did is recorded in the history book.

Think about it this way, you will not be who you are today if not for your past. You will not have known Christ today, if no one told you about him.

History helps us to learn of the past to shape the future with what we choose to do today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.arnankoh.blogspots.com
[]eremy
First Timer

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:45 pm

well, our education system is wrong from it's very basic foundation whereby they are just focusing that we memorize what they want us to memorize, and if we were to think differ we are considered wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
me myself and i

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:32 pm

not all of it is bad... i think you would be prejudice to say so.... the whole system isn't bad.... but there is a lot that can be done to improve it...

anyway... i think memorizing is still a fundamental.... even in A Levels, which is not Malaysian you still have to memorize a lot of things....

ask any doctor.... there are a thousand and one things need to be memorized...

but of course... one should understand what is being taught before the memorizing process begins...
Back to top Go down
[]eremy
First Timer

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:30 pm

i thought we were talking about "history" itself..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
me myself and i

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 pm

no.. why did you think that... history is so much more than the things you learn in your secondary school textbooks... without it we won't be chinese... and you won't have the last name: Ong...
Back to top Go down
[]eremy
First Timer

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:19 pm

true, i would have not been a ong, i might end up as a koo, but what's so bad about that?

in schools there dont teach anything other than what is in the textbook, heelloo...
and the way our education system teaches us history is so wrong... we only see history from the perspective of our "leaders"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
me myself and i

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 pm

you have to start looking beyond what they teach you in school, learn to discover for yourself and to think for yourself..
Back to top Go down
[]eremy
First Timer

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:28 am

it's been a while since we had this argument that i have forgotten what's it about .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore   

Back to top Go down

Debate topic 1: History, exicting or a bore
Page 1 of 1